Nurses on tour
Nurses On tour poster
We are thrilled to be able to offer patients a health check in our student nurse health roadshow. They will be offering blood pressure checks, screening for diabetes, height and weight reviews and providing your with health information. The event will be taking place at the practice on Friday 10 June 10am - 3pm
Platinum Jubilee Bank Holidays
Please note that the practice will be closed on Thursday 2nd and Friday 3 June for the bank holiday weekend. Please ensure you have sufficient medication.
We currently have a vacancy for a part time receptionist. Please scroll down our home page for further details.
Thursday 19 May
Covid vaccinations for those eligible will be available from the roving unit in the Wentworth car park (near the cafe at the 'top' of the car park) on Thursday 19 May between 10am and 5pm. There will be children's vaccine available as well as vaccine for those needing a 5th dose. Please take proof of eligibility with you. Very frail patients can be vaccinated in their cars if required. This is a 'walk in' service but you can book an appointment or obtain more information by calling 01670 712821
Covid Booster Doses
A roving unit from Village Surgery will be offering booster vaccinations at various sites around Hexham over the next few weeks. You may be contacted by this service either by phone or text and invited to book an appointment. If you aren't able to respond to the text please call Village Surgery on 01670 712821 to book your appointment. We will endeavour to publicise walk in availability on our Facebook page.
Other services remain available via 119.
The service for housebound patients is still being developed and we will provide more information when available.
We are aware that a 5th dose may be recommended for some immunosuppressed patients and provided they have proof of eligibility (usually a hospital letter), the roving unit will usually be able to accommodate this, too.
Patients with symptoms of Covid-19 or other potentially infectious diseases – e.g. Cough, cold, sore throat, high fever, snotty nose, diarrhoea, vomiting.
- The GP practice has many vulnerable/immunosuppressed patients visiting. Please do not come into the surgery with these symptoms without an appointment.
- Public Health guidance is to self isolate for a minimum of 5 days with these upper airway symptoms. Guidance also recommends isolating for 48 hours after diarrhoea/vomiting symptoms have settled.
- Please rearrange any prebooked appointments until your symptoms are settling or you are at least 10 days from the onset.
- When requesting an appointment with these symptoms present, please arrange a telephone appointment first. A face to face appointment can then be arranged if required.
Patients with a positive Covid-19 PCR or Lateral Flow Test
- Please do not visit the practice or come for a face to face appointment until you are at least 10 days post test and your symptoms are settling.
- Any need for GP advice should be done by phone initially in the first 10 days following a positive test.
- To protect our staff and our vulnerable patients we would like you to continue wearing face masks throughout a visit to the practice for an appointment.
- This advice will be reviewed when circulating infectious diseases diminish sufficiently.
We thank you for adhering to the following principles for ALL infectious diseases including Covid-19
Isolation during the acute phase
Notice for patients who have had Covid Vaccinations outside England.
From 10 February 2022, changes will be made to the National Booking Service (NBS) to allow those aged 16 years and above to book and attend in person, an appointment to have their identity verified and vaccine records from overseas validated. Those aged between 16 and 17 years of age will not be required to have a parent, carer or guardian attend the appointment with them.
The current eligibility criteria to have overseas vaccine records validated has been set by the DHSC as listed below.
- have received one of the currently recognised Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) approved vaccine types for use in England: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) / Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty) / Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) / Moderna (Spikevax) or Novavax (Nuvaxovid)
- be registered with a GP in England. Individuals can register with a GP if they do not have one;
- be able to attend the face-to-face appointment with photographic ID (Passport or UK Driving Licence) and evidence of overseas vaccination records.
- A change in the vaccine types accepted by the service is imminent. We are awaiting guidance from UKHSA and PHE and will update sites as soon as the new guidance is published.
eligible ladies will soon receive an invitation from the NHS breast screening service asking them to make an appointment. The invitations are not issued by the practice.
we would encourage all eligible patients to attend for this very important check.
February newsletter available here
The risk of catching Measles, Mumps orRubella increases when your child goes to nursery. If they are not vaccinated, they are left exposed to becoming seriously ill if they are infected.
Protect your child and make anappointment for a vaccination.
West Northumberland Primary Care Network wants your help
Are you enthusiastic about the health and wellbeing of your community?
Are you a patient of Branch End Surgery, The Bellingham Practice, Burn Brae Medical Group, Corbridge Medical Group, Haltwhistle Medical Group, Humshaugh and Wark Medical Group, Prudhoe Medical Group, Scots Gap Medical Group, Sele Medical Group or White Medical Group?
Then the West Northumberland Primary Care Network (PCN) wants your help.
The GP practices across the Tyne Valley are working together to give you a more co-ordinated and wider range of services. We want to set up a Patient Participation Group (PPG) to understand what patients and carers experience in our services and what they want in the future.
Although not members of the PCN, Adderlane Surgery and Riversdale Surgery receive services from our PCN, so patients from these surgeries are also welcome to join our PPG.
Being part of the PPG means having a voice and participating in the development of the range, shape and quality of our services.
PPG members are volunteers and meet regularly (virtually at the moment).
You may already be part of a PPG at your local practice, and we are keen for you to bring your experience to this new wider group. If you have never been involved before then there is lots to do and it’s an exciting time to get involved. We can put you in touch with an existing member of the PPG to hear first-hand about what a great opportunity this is.
What to do next
To arrange an informal chat with Jeni Langdown, the PCN Manager email firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to a meeting at 6pm on Thursday 17 February 2022, hosted by Healthwatch Northumberland. The meeting will be online.
Book at email@example.com and you will be sent the link
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place and then you will be sent a link
Covid vaccinations for 12-15's
Appointments are available to book via the National Booking system by visiting https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/. 1st, 2nd and booster (where applicable) doses are available. Children must attend with a parent, and be 12 weeks post any covid infection.
Positive PCR tests
If you are 50 or over, or have underlying health conditions, and have had a positive PCR result (not lateral flow) in the last 7 days, you may be eligible to take part in a national study looking at the effectiveness of antiviral treatments for covid-19. For more details please go to www.panoramictrial.org or contact freephone 0808 156 0017.
We wish to announce that Dr Walker will be retiring at the end of March. We thank him enormously for his years of support and dedication to the practice and his patients.
We hope to be able to let you know about his successor very soon.
Sold ONLY by Tesco - please return items to Tesco from the following batches only.
Tesco Flu-Max All In One Chesty Cough & Cold Powder for Oral Solution (GSL) PL 12063/0104
|Batch Number||Expiry Date||Pack Size||First Distributed|
|9MW0145||Nov 2022||10s||16 Mar 2020|
|0CW0054||Jan 2023||10s||07 Apr 2020|
|0FW0133||May 2023||10s||12 May 2021|