National Data Opt Out Programme and your choices for data Sharing
You have the right to object to:
- Information being shared between those who are providing you with direct care however this may affect the care you receive.
- Identifiable information being shared with NHS Digital for clinical audit or reasons other than provision of your care. This is called a Type 1 objection available only until 2020. NHS Digital has developed a National Data Opt Programme. If you would like more information or wish to opt out of your data being used you can go to www.nhs.uk/my-data-choice, call 0300 303 5678 or speak to us at the practice.
- You can opt out of public health national screening programmes at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/opting-out-of-the=nhs-popuation-screening-programmes or speak to us at the practice.
You are not able to object to:
- NHS digital holding your demographic data if you wish to receive NHS care or to them sharing this with the Home office if thought necessary
- Legitimate data being shared for safeguarding or public health reasons to prevent or protect people from harm.
- Information being shared with CQC when required for regulatory functions.
- Data being shared if it is required by law.
How we communicate with you and your choices
We routinely contact you by letter or telephone and increasingly will use text messages and e-mail, sometimes using an NHS approved mailing or test service company. If you have provided us with a landline telephone number, mobile telephone number or e-mail address we will assume you are happy for us to use these methods to contact you unless you tell us otherwise. Please let us know if you wish to opt out of communication by any these methods.